At the trapper's day the participants experience the life of a musher at first hand. In addition to the riding the dog sledges, participants will learn how to survive in the wilderness, how to build an igloo and explore the breathtaking landscape with snowshoes. In between, they can relax at the campfire and refuel themselves with hot drinks.
In the enchanting "Winter Wonderland" the guests are greeted with a friendly barking and howling of the dogs and welcomed by the experienced sledge guide. The guests are slowly becoming familiar with their sled dogs, which accompany them through the day and of course a few strokes of the huskies cannot be missing.
Afterwards, the participants are divided into groups and switch between different exciting activities such as snowshoe hikes, the learning of survival skills and sledging.
Before the snowshoe hike the snowshoes are strapped on and you can go on a relaxing hike through the snowy surroundings accompanied by our guide. Depending on the condition of the participants, we flexibly adapt the hike to the guests. The snowshoe hike in the idyllic surroundings will enchant the participants, no matter whether they are a sports ace or not.
In the survival camp, skills and team spirit are in demand. Here the guests learn what is really important to survive in the wilderness and discover some hidden talents. Building a shelter or igloo, collecting dry fuel and igniting a campfire are essential skills that are really fun to explore. Together, the participants work on their survival skills and support each other in their tasks.
The highlight of the day is dog sledding. The passionate musher informs the guests about the rearing of the dogs as well as the hierarchies in a pack. Then he explains the handling of the sled and the first dogs are tensioned in their racing gear in front of the sleds. Here one differentiates between the lead dogs, which are pretending the tempo and the direction and the dogs, which follow the lead dog. As soon as it is time for "Ready - Go!" the participants try not to fall from the sled during the turn. This requires the use of the body, because the participants have to slow down according to the tempo, steer and hold the balance while giving the dogs commands. While a participant drives as a musher with the huskies, the others can stroke the dogs during this time.
At the Team event, participants will have an unforgettable day and can finally enjoy a hot mulled wine at the crackling campfire before they are served in the “Tiroler Schmankerl” hut.
• Welcoming the participants and grouping them into small groups
• Different group activities: snowshoe hike, survival camp and dog sledging
• Exchange at the camp fire alternatively with mulled wine, punch or tea
• Duration: 2-3h
• Suitable winter clothing
• The event can only be carried out with sufficient snow, alternatively the "summer sledges" with rollers are available, which are steered by the musher
• The dog sleds are driven by the guests on a circa. 300m long route (not with the summer sledge)
• Suitable as a special class or incentive
• The various activities weld the group together
• The participants experience a unique day in a charming winter landscape
• The event will be remembered for a long time and will connect the participants
• Fun and instructive information will be given at Trapper Day
• A different approach to problems between employees can be found by looking at the relationship between the dogs in the rudel
• The winter idyll offers peace and relaxation for the participants
• At the survival camp the skillfulness and the team spirit are strengthened
• The right mixture of relaxation, action and adventure
Experience this winter dream and the dog sled ride. Send us your request for your corporate group and you will receive an offer immediately.